This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Option -mwarn_areg_zero for S/390.
- To: "Martin Schwidefsky" <schwidefsky at de dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: Option -mwarn_areg_zero for S/390.
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:28:35 +0200
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <OFC6CBB874.0D42C514-ONC1256ACC.003274D9@de.ibm.com>
"Martin Schwidefsky" <email@example.com> writes:
> I recently added a warning to the S/390 assembler that is printed whenever
> a specified base or index register is zero. That helped us to find some
> critical bugs in the compiler. The background is that the general purpose
> register 0 can't be used to address memory. I got several complaints about
> these warnings and to make everybody happy I want to add a run-time option.
> The default is not to print these messages and -mwarn_areg_zero enables
Can you document this, please? There's currently no
gas/doc/c-s390.texi, IMHO such a file should be added and document
this and any further options.
SuSE Labs firstname.lastname@example.org