This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: local labels
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Subject: Re: local labels
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 19 Sep 2001 08:52:06 +0100
- Cc: Ben Elliston <bje at redhat dot com>, <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> As a whole, great. If only all the documentation was like this.
> Though the use of control characters is an implementation
> detail. I'm not sure it should be exposed to the
> documentation-reading masses.
In this particular case I think that it is useful, since the labels
containing the control characters can be reported in error messages,
or appear in the object file (if -L is used).