This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: line number tracking for local labels
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Subject: Re: line number tracking for local labels
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:43:40 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: Ben Elliston <bje at redhat dot com>, <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 03:52:20AM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> What fixS? sym->sy_frag isn't much use either, as that should give the
> start of the frag where the sym was defined, not the line where the sym
> was referenced.
Ok, I see now. Here, we're crawling the symbol chain, and
there's no handle to any user of the symbol. Usually we have
the "current" frag or fix nearby, when something is wrong with
an operand or such.
I guess one could crawl all frags and try to find one/all users
if the error message is important enough.