This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker problem: relocation truncated to fit
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: linker problem: relocation truncated to fit
- From: Ralf Baechle <ralf at oss dot sgi dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 03:55:09 +0200
- Cc: Ryan Murray <rmurray at cyberhqz dot com>, linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010916091654.C1812@lucon.org> <Pine.BSO.email@example.com> <20010917000719.B25531@false.linpro.no> <20010916153857.H22750@cyberhqz.com> <20010916155003.B1446@lucon.org>
On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 03:50:03PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> I don't think mips is the only platform which has this problem. Do
> Alpha, PowerPC and Sparc have similar problems like that? What are
> the solutions for them?
> BTW, it sounds like the -fpic vs. -fPIC issue.
It is. Yet I wouldn't like to assign a different meaning to -fpic and
-fPIC as most makefiles make little difference between these two options,
so that would imply quite some overhead.