This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linking problem, I messed up but don't know how
- To: Robert Schweikert <rjschwei at mindspring dot com>
- Subject: Re: linking problem, I messed up but don't know how
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 09:27:45 -0700
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3BA34C99.E1D83E1B@mindspring.com>
On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 08:42:01AM -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> Hi All;
> This is probably the wrong list, but I thought I'd start here.
> I am trying to built a C++ library (GUI) and am having some trouble.
> This used to work, but somehow I messed up my system and I need some
> help figuring out what to do.
> I am running a modified RedHat 6.2 system using gcc-2.95.2 and the
> binutils that came with RedHat 6.2.
> In June I built this "same" (previous release) library on the system and
> everything worked, now it's broken. When I try to run one of the test
> programs that come with the library source I get the following error.
> lt-button: error in loading shared libraries:
> /usr/local/src/fox-0.99.174/src/.libs/libFOX-0.99.so.174: undefined
> symbol: __builtin_new
Make sure gcc/g++ is used to build libFOX-0.99.so.174. Also it looks
like you are using libtool, which unfortunately may be broken for
If you do use libtool, please ask it on the libtool mailing list.