This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Automatic opcode table generation and gas test cases for s/390.
- To: schwidefsky at de dot ibm dot com
- Subject: Re: Automatic opcode table generation and gas test cases for s/390.
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:50:42 -0400
- CC: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <OFA4C3B486.B1F7B451-ONC1256AC7.006BE73A@de.ibm.com>
> Any reason why I can't/shouldn't use CC_FOR_BUILD ??
Because it's not defined by configure. Look for it in your build's
opcodes/Makefile and you'll see this:
CC_FOR_BUILD = @CC_FOR_BUILD@
The only time you can use this is when you call "make" from the top of
the tree, and only because the top Makefile overrides this when it
runs opcodes's Makefile. However, if you type "make" in opcodes, it
If you want to add logic to set CC_FOR_BUILD properly in
opcodes/configure, that would be OK.