This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Automatic opcode table generation and gas test cases for s/390.
- To: schwidefsky at de dot ibm dot com
- Subject: Re: Automatic opcode table generation and gas test cases for s/390.
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 15:34:47 -0400
- CC: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <OFA24530E8.EBA0A34F-ONC1256AC7.006AE0D4@de.ibm.com>
> Hmm, if --host doesn't match --build it doesn't work though. Too bad. Any
> idea how to fix this?
1. Use a portable shell script (ick).
2. Go through gyrations to find a native compiler (like gcc does).
3. Make it a maintainer-mode-only thing, and also stipulate native
only in configure, so it just doesn't run when it can't (you'd have
to worry about updating a file in the source tree, which might be
on a read-only filesystem).
4. Just don't do that :-)
I'm not sure which makes the most sense, though.