This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Proposal: Switch mips64 from REL to RELA
- To: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts at csv dot ica dot uni-stuttgart dot de>
- Subject: Re: Proposal: Switch mips64 from REL to RELA
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:30:08 -0700
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20010914071106.C8902@rembrandt.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 07:11:06AM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> Hi All,
> I herewith propose to switch mips64 from REL to RELA as default
> relocation type. The reasons are threefold:
> - ABI64 requires it.
> - It allows to produce better code.
> - It makes implementation easier.
Does any current working mips target use the 64bit ELF? As I understand
now, so called "mips64-*" targets just use 32bit ELF with R_MIPS_64.