This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Continued MIPS kernel debugging symbols problem...
- To: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill at cotw dot com>
- Subject: Re: Continued MIPS kernel debugging symbols problem...
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan at debian dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:28:27 -0400
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb at sourceware dot cygnus dot com,linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com
- References: <3BA16CAA.6B4DF4A1@cotw.com>
On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 09:34:18PM -0500, Steven J. Hill wrote:
> configure --prefix=/opt/tools --target=mipsel-linux-elf
> since my target is a NEC 5432 running in LE mode. I had
> also tried 'mips-linux-elf' targets earlier in the day
> with no difference. I am still getting the following
> mismatch in symbols:
(Could you try building a mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu debugger/compiler
instead? Does it make any difference? I don't expect it to.)
> I compiled my kernel with a toolchain that used the following
> versions of tools:
> binutils-18.104.22.168.31 (HJLu patches applied)
> gcc-3.0.1 (stock)
> glibc-2.2.3 (minor build patches)
If you'll post a binary that you're having trouble debugging, I'll try
to find time in the next couple of days to see what GDB is doing wrong.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer