This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils + i18n
- To: Bruno Haible <haible at ilog dot fr>
- Subject: Re: binutils + i18n
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:52:59 -0700
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at zembu dot com>,libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 08:39:42PM +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Ian Lance Taylor writes:
> > I believe that the assembler should not change the character set it
> > will accept for identifiers based on the current locale. The
> > assembler implements a particular programming language, one which I
> > believe should not be locale dependent. Since the assembler does use
> > isalpha(), I guess that it makes the mistake you mention, and it
> > should be rewritten to not use any of the ctype macros.
> A patch that implements that, i.e. to not use ctype macros except
> where explicitly dealing internationalizable strings, is at
> ftp://ftp.ilog.fr/pub/Users/haible/gnu/binutils-diffs. Here is the
If noone objects, let's check in and test it as much as we can.