This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
ld: bfd assertion fail
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: ld: bfd assertion fail
- From: "Grigory Zagorodnev" <grigory1976 at mail dot ru>
- Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:58:05 +0000 (GMT)
- Reply-To: "Grigory Zagorodnev" <grigory1976 at mail dot ru>
Linking one of the applications on IA-64 Linux I've got following warning:
ld: bfd assertion fail elf64-ia64.c:3005
Is anybody know the nature of this fail?
1. I'm using following linker
GNU ld version 22.214.171.124.8 (with BFD 126.96.36.199.8)
2. Assertion conditions are: (files elf64-ia64.c)
3004 BFD_ASSERT (sizeof (Elf64_External_Rela) * srel->reloc_count
3005 <= srel->_cooked_size);
3. The application I'm building contains set of libraries, both static and shared.
Described message appear in case of mixing shared and static libraries. But everything clear when I'm using shared libraries only.