This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Use 'M' and 'S' in section string instead of 'm' and 's'
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use 'M' and 'S' in section string instead of 'm' and 's'
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:55:48 +0930
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, rth at redhat dot com
- References: <20010910224334.A554@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:43:35PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Ok to commit or should I keep the 'm' compatibility support as RH specific
> patch (where gcc uses "am" and "ams" for a few months now)?
I wouldn't worry about backwards compatibility. Your string merge feature
is new enough that people using it should expect some instability.