This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Incorrect Listing Output with .lcomm
- To: Tracy Kuhrt <Tracy dot Kuhrt at microchip dot com>
- Subject: Re: Incorrect Listing Output with .lcomm
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 10 Sep 2001 18:16:42 +0100
- Cc: binutils List <binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <3B99553B.1F2443A@microchip.com>
> binutils configured for a target of sparc-sun-coff generates the
> following listing file in which the line numbers listed under DEFINED
> SYMBOLS do not match the line numbers where the symbol was defined.
> Also, the very first symbol 'a', does not have an associated file and
> line number.
> Any ideas where I should start looking?
I suggest you start by examining the code in s_lcomm_internal() in
gas/read.c. This parses the .lcomm directive and assigns a frag to
the newly creqted symbol, and it is the frag that contains the line