This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: mips binutils after 2001-08-03 build incorrect kernel
- To: Guido Guenther <guido dot guenther at gmx dot net>,Richard Sandiford <r dot sandiford at redhat dot com>,binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: mips binutils after 2001-08-03 build incorrect kernel
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:50:43 -0700
- References: <email@example.com> <20010904102912.B587@galadriel.physik.uni-konstanz.de> <20010907160705.A20380@nevyn.them.org>
On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 04:07:05PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > Silly me. I didn't know that binutils cvs is missing patches from H.J.
> > and that these same patches have to be applied manually when fetching
> > the tarball from kernel.org. A quick test with these patches applied
> > looks much better.
> H.J., what changes are these? Have they been submitted here?
My Linux binutils has 2 mips patches. binutils-mips64.patch is based on
a patch in binutils-2.10.91-1.src.rpm made by Maciej W. Rozycki. It
provides support for n32 and 64. Since I only use o32, I cannot say if
it really works or not. gas-mips.patch is a patch to fix the first
patch. For the reason I cannot explain, I need binutils-mips64.patch
to get a reliable 32bit Linux mips kernel. I am expecting Thiemo will
make n32 and 64 to work.