This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld-auto-import memory bug fixing
- To: Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de
- Subject: Re: ld-auto-import memory bug fixing
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:16:06 -0400
- CC: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <001f01c1378f$0e441b40$651c440a@BRAMSCHE>
> I know that gcc has support of basic block profiling. Could this used in anyway
> to automated print out functions name on calling the relating functions ?
With newer gcc's, you want:
-finstrument-functions Instrument function entry/exit with profiling calls
Older gcc's should have -pg (call graph counting).
Either one should tell you which functions get called by which
functions and how many times for each combination.
You'll have to look the options up to see how to use them and which
extra programs to run (gprof, gcov, etc) to get reports.