This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: BFD (pei-i386) mixes virtual size with LMA??
- To: timo dot ketola at Epec dot fi
- Subject: Re: BFD (pei-i386) mixes virtual size with LMA??
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 07 Sep 2001 11:55:27 +0100
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3B94D845.BBA0EAD2@Epec.fi>
> I tried to convert pei-i386 (windows exe) into a ihex file but failed.
> It seems to me that the objcopy (or any other of the binutils) takes the
> addresses from the virtual size field of the pe section headers.
> objdump, for example, indeed shows that field in the LMA column.
> Is this a bug or am I in need of sleep?
It looks like a bug, however...
> The tools are from Cygwin 1.0 distribution and 'objdump -i' shows
> 'BFD header file version 2.9-cygwin-990830'
The 2.9 version of the binutils is an old release. The latest release
is 2.11.2, and this version may well fix the problem. You can
download the sources from any of the GNU FTP sites:
The latest Cygwin release may also fix this problem.
> Hopefully this is the right place to ask...