This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
BFD (pei-i386) mixes virtual size with LMA??
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: BFD (pei-i386) mixes virtual size with LMA??
- From: Timo Ketola <Timo dot Ketola at Epec dot fi>
- Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:33:57 +0300
- Organization: Epec
- Reply-To: timo dot ketola at epec dot fi
I tried to convert pei-i386 (windows exe) into a ihex file but failed.
It seems to me that the objcopy (or any other of the binutils) takes the
addresses from the virtual size field of the pe section headers.
objdump, for example, indeed shows that field in the LMA column.
Is this a bug or am I in need of sleep?
The tools are from Cygwin 1.0 distribution and 'objdump -i' shows 'BFD
header file version 2.9-cygwin-990830'
Hopefully this is the right place to ask...
Thanks in advance!