This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld-auto-import memory bug fixing
- To: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Subject: Re: ld-auto-import memory bug fixing
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 07 Sep 2001 09:43:21 +0100
- Cc: "Binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- References: <002b01c13720$306f82a0$651c440a@BRAMSCHE>
> When linking a dll with g++, it calls collect which calls ld, but ld
> is not in the ps list.
> Can anynone tell me how I can even though debug ld with gdb ?
The best method would be to capture the command line that collect2
uses to invoke ld and then reproduce that invocation inside gdb. If
you pass -debug to collect2 it should show you the commands that it is
Another thing you can try is to add print statements to ld. I know
that this is not as sophisticated as using gdb, but it is a very
effective debugging tool.