This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Function symbols with size 0
- To: Bharadwaj Yadavalli <bharadwaj dot yadavalli at compaq dot com>
- Subject: Re: Function symbols with size 0
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:25:45 -0700
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <20010905145301.A21084@java.zko.dec.com>
On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 02:53:01PM -0400, Bharadwaj Yadavalli wrote:
> I notice that the sizes of global function objects are noted in the
> symbol table of some shared libraries are 0.
> I have GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 126.96.36.199.22).
These are aliases to another function. This has been fixed in
more recent assemblers.