This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: bfd_read and bfd_write
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: bfd_read and bfd_write
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:21:09 -0700
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20010905145037.K13524@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au> <3B965696.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:45:10PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> rather than change the function signature, why not introduce a new
> interface and then deprecate the old one?
Because then you'll never get rid of the old interface.
BFD already has way too much cruft as it is.