This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Function symbols with size 0
- To: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Function symbols with size 0
- From: Bharadwaj Yadavalli <bharadwaj dot yadavalli at compaq dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:53:01 -0400
- Reply-To: Bharadwaj Yadavalli <bharadwaj dot yadavalli at compaq dot com>
I notice that the sizes of global function objects are noted in the
symbol table of some shared libraries are 0. I do not know the command
line switches with which these libraries were built. Is there a way to
"force" the linker to record the size of the function in .symtab?
Alternately, is there a way to figure out the size of the function
from the .symtab ?
I have GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 126.96.36.199.22).
Thanks for your help,