This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: bfd_read and bfd_write
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Subject: Re: bfd_read and bfd_write
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:45:10 -0400
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <20010905145037.K13524@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au>
> I have a (rather large) patch to clean up a few things in bfd that I'd
> like to apply in the next day or so, but first thought I'd better give
> people fair warning and a chance to object.
> One of the changes I've made is to bfd_read, and similarly bfd_write.
> -bfd_read (ptr, size, nitems, abfd)
> +bfd_read (ptr, size, abfd)
> PTR ptr;
> bfd_size_type size;
> - bfd_size_type nitems;
> bfd *abfd;
rather than change the function signature, why not introduce a new
interface and then deprecate the old one?