This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Warning fixes for ld/*
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: Warning fixes for ld/*
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:27:07 +0930
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 01:23:10PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> There's one case I wasn't sure and left it:
> beos.em contains these lines:
> #if 0 /* argument to qsort so don't prototype */
> static int sort_by_file_name PARAMS ((void *, void *));
> static int sort_by_section_name PARAMS ((void *, void *));
> static lang_statement_union_type **sort_sections_1
> PARAMS ((lang_statement_union_type **, lang_statement_union_type *, int,
> int (*)()));
> And therefore I still get some warnings in ei386beos. I don't know
> why we don't want prototypes here.
I think we probably do, but using "const void *", or better, "const PTR",
since we are trying to be K&R compatible. Change the function definition
too, of course!
> Ok to commit the appended patch?