Re: [patch] *-dis.c: Fix formatting.

> Oh?
>
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_23.html#SEC24
>
> "It is important to put the open-brace that starts the body of a C
> function in column zero, and avoid putting any other open-brace or
> open-parenthesis or open-bracket in column zero. Several tools look
> for open-braces in column zero to find the beginnings of C functions.
> These tools will not work on code not formatted that way."

Since we're quoting manuals at each other :-)

> The rest of this section gives our recommendations for other aspects of C formatting style, which is also the default style of the indent program in version 1.2 and newer. It corresponds to the options
>
> -nbad -bap -nbc -bbo -bl -bli2 -bls -ncdb -nce -cp1 -cs -di2
> -ndj -nfc1 -nfca -hnl -i2 -ip5 -lp -pcs -psl -nsc -nsob
>
> We don't think of these recommendations as requirements, because it causes no problems for users if two different programs have different formatting styles.

Pulling a random (I'm being honest here) example out of emacs:

struct backtrace
   {
     struct backtrace *next;
     Lisp_Object *function;
     Lisp_Object *args;  /* Points to vector of args. */
     int nargs;          /* length of vector.  If nargs is UNEVALLED,
                            args points to slot holding list of
                            unevalled args */
     char evalargs;
   };