Re: Why run the windres test on Linux?

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 01:50:16PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > windres will be built with --enable-targets=all. But your windres
> > test won't run under Linux since it uses the header files which
> > aren't available under Linux. You can verify that by configuring
> > binutils with
>
> If you're using --enable-targets=all, you should be prepared to test
> all targets.  This is no different from any other cross-development
> environment.  You've built a w32api too.  Why can't you just install
> the w32api headers?

I am not building a cross binutils. It is a native binutils. I don't
think the cross rules apply here. The main reason for
--enable-targets=all is the sanity check. I don't think I should be
required to install the w32api headers to run "make check". Why not
include the files needed in your windres test?

> Plus, Kylix *is* native linux, and needs windres.  It needs to be able
> to test windres in a native linux build.

Have you tried that?

H.J.