RE: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

> Robert Collins wrote:

<snip>
> Okay, so then, moving on:
>
> After installing the patched ld, I built:
>    autoconf-2.52 (current cygwin distro uses 2.13)
>    automake-1.4i (from latest CVS -- contains improvements necessary for:
>    libtool-hacked (Robert Collin's port, but autoreconf'ed and built
> from his source.  This version uses the auto-imports capability to
> enable almost seamless dll-building on cygwin.  Probably mingw, too)

Do you have tested the dlopen/dlsym stuff of this libtool ? I' ve got the
following errors compiling libltdl and mdemo:

----- without auto-import binutils --------------------

$ ./mdemo foo1.la
Welcome to GNU libtool mdemo!
module name: foo1
module filename: foo1.a
module reference count: 1
did not find the `hello' function
error was: symbol not found
did not find the `nothing' variable
error was: symbol not found
did not find any of the `foo' functions
error was: symbol not found
myfunc returned: 57616
myfunc is ok!

Habacker@BRAMSCHE ~/src/libtool/mdemo
$ ./mdemo libfoo2.la
Welcome to GNU libtool mdemo!
can't open the module libfoo2.la!
error was: file not found
myfunc returned: 57616
myfunc is ok!

with auto-import binutils -----------------

$ ./mdemo foo1.la
Welcome to GNU libtool mdemo!
module name: foo1
module filename: foo1.a
module reference count: 1
** This is foolib 1 **
hello returned: 57616
hello is ok!
cos (0.0) = 1
sub() called
foo1 is ok!
myfunc returned: 57616
myfunc is ok!

$ ./mdemo libfoo2.la
Welcome to GNU libtool mdemo!
can't open the module libfoo2.la!
error was: file not found
myfunc returned: 57616
myfunc is ok!

I have debugged, but currently I can't find the reason. I have to study more the
internals.
Perhaps you have an idea ?

Ralf