Re: writing linker scripts...

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 05:30:08PM -0400, Alan Lehotsky wrote:
> I'm upgrading from about a two year old version of binutils to a more recent
> vintage...
>
> The linker now complains that my text and data sections overlap.....
>
> This is actually NOT a problem, as the machine has a separate instruction and
> data memory.
>
> Is there a reasonable way to make the linker happy?
>
> I've looked thru the existing scripttempl/*.sc files, without seeing anything
> really obvious....

The d10v solves this by defining a 32-bit address space that the two 16-bit
address spaces (text and data) are loaded into.  You might want to check it or
other 16-bit ports.  The other thought is to use two MEMORY declarations that
overlap.

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304