Re: Unbreak md_estimate_size_before_relax for multi-pass relaxation,committed (tc-cris.c)

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

> It is now necessary to set fr_var according to fr_subtype also

I believe this is only necessary if a port makes use of fr_var in
machine-dependent code.  The generic code doesn't care about fr_var in
rs_machine_dependent frags.

> for other than the initially unknown state, or at least return
> the corresponding value; the "we don't need to do anything"
> comment is wrong.  Or maybe relax_frag in write.c should adjust
> fr_var.

No, we don't want to do that.  x86 uses fr_var to hold a reloc type.

>  From the "Multi-pass relaxation (Break lots of ports)"

Thanks again for cleaning up after me.  I suspect that if fr_var was set
correctly first time around, you wouldn't need to do anything on
subsequent relax passes.

Regards, Alan
--
Linuxcare