Re: How to using -O rather than -O2 when building binutils 2.11?

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Alan Modra wrote:

> > Oh horibilus.  Line 818 and following of configure.
>
> That was a little cryptic.  What's happening here is that configure is
> grubbing a value for CFLAGS out of the Makefile if CFLAGS wasn't set in
> the environment, but it's before the host and target fragments have been
> pasted in.

Making a fool of myself in public again...  That's not right either as the
Makefile doesn't even exist at that stage when configuring for the first
time.  However, the following is still true:

>  Later, configure cleverly goes through the Makefile, after the
> fragments have been pasted in, and substitutes its own value for CFLAGS...

A fix would seem to involve pulling CFLAGS out of the Makefile frags, but
this is getting all too clever for my liking.

Alan
--
Linuxcare