Problem with .elseif conditional in binutils-2.10 gas

Hello,

I am having problems with the .elseif conditional in as of binutils 2.10
 - at least I do not get what I expect from the documentation.

Given the following source code:
        .if 1
	        .long 1
        .elseif 1
	        .long 2
        .elseif 1
	        .long 3
        .elseif 1
	        .long 4
        .elseif 1
	        .long 5
        .else
	        .long 6
        .endif

I would expect only one branch to be taken, so that exactly one .long ends
up in the output.

However, I get the following result:
$ powerpc-eabi-as -o 1.o 1.s
$ powerpc-eabi-objdump -D 1.o

1.o:     file format elf32-powerpc

Disassembly of section .text:

00000000 <.text>:
   0:   00 00 00 01     .long 0x1
   4:   00 00 00 03     .long 0x3
   8:   00 00 00 05     .long 0x5

It seems that every other path is included - do I misinterpret the
documentation, or is this considered a bug?

cu
Michael
--
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.