This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker script question
- To: Nick Papadonis <npapadon at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: linker script question
- From: Alan Modra <alan at linuxcare dot com dot au>
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:52:57 +1000 (EST)
- cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On 28 Mar 2001, Nick Papadonis wrote:
> I would assume that _ebss would be the end of memory. Nope. The linker puts
> some .stab symbols in after the .bss section/_end symbol.
Yes, but .stab sections are normally neither loaded nor allocated, thus
they aren't part of your program's memory image.