Re: xgcc: Internal error: Segmentation fault (program as)

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 amylaar@cambridge.redhat.com wrote:

> This is the reduced testcase:
>
>         .section        .gcc_except_table,"aw",@progbits
>         .section        .text._ZNKSt6localeeqERKS_,"ax",@progbits
> .LFB17:
>         jmp     .L363
> .L363:
>         .section        .gcc_except_table,"aw",@progbits
>         .uleb128 .L363-.LFB17

rth recently provided a patch for this problem, and I had a look and came
up with a more general solution.  Neither has been applied yet, sorry.  My
fix in more intrusive and requires tweaking in a number of back-ends which
is why I haven't done anything yet.

See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-03/msg00095.html

IMO, Richard's patch should be applied, especially on the 2.11
branch.  One of these days I'll get my act together with

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-03/msg00131.html

but that's probably not a candidate for 2.11

Alan
--
Linuxcare