Re: gas ChangeLog suggestion

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Ben Elliston wrote:

> I'd like to suggest that a ChangeLog be started in gas/config.  In
> this way, changes to target specific code can be distinct from target
> independent changes in the top-level ChangeLog.  Currently, the noise
> from config/* changes is overwhelming.  Comments?

Heh.  How about first convincing the gcc project of the same thing?

Actually, I'm not in favour.  I'd prefer one big ChangeLog for the whole
project as that way you get better context for a change.  For example, you
would immediately see that a particular change in bfd forced a change in
ld, rather than wondering why someone changed ld for apparently no good
reason.  Given that some dirs are shared between projects, that's not
possible of course.  Besides, I wouldn't want all those cgen changes
cluttering up gas ChangeLogs. :)

Alan
--
Linuxcare