Re: libtool upgrade

On Mar 22, 2001, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> wrote:

> FYI, I've just upgraded the libtool scripts in the top-level directory
> of the GCC and src trees, as well as in the GCC 3.0 branch.  I've
> tested this snapshot of libtool on a dozen of different platforms,
> with --enable-shared builds of binutils and GCC, using system
> compilers where possible, and worked fine on all of them.

Oh, I forgot to mention.  There's no urgent need to rebuild configure
scripts that import libtool.m4.  Since there are no compatibility
issues between the old libtool.m4 and the new ltconfig, I haven't
rebuilt any of them.  There is new or improved support for a few new
OSs, such as Darwin and HP-UX 11, for which a configure rebuild might
get things working slightly better, but this is not enough of a reason
to go rebuilding configure scripts at will :-)