This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Shared libraries with GNU ld on AIX433?
- To: SThomaso at hii dot com
- Subject: Re: Shared libraries with GNU ld on AIX433?
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:25:43 -0800
- CC: binutils at hii dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <sab2056d.028@HCNA01>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:21:53 -0600
> From: "Scott Thomason" <SThomaso@hii.com>
> I'm building GNU ld from the 2001-03-15 cvs source. I utter:
> ./configure \
> --prefix=/gnut \
> --enable-shared \
> --with-gnu-ld \
> --enable-build-warnings \
> ...and it tells me:
> *** Warning: the GNU linker, at least up to release 2.9.1, is reported
> *** to be unable to reliably create shared libraries on AIX.
> *** Therefore, libtool is disabling shared libraries support. If you
> *** really care for shared libraries, you may want to modify your PATH
> *** so that a non-GNU linker is found, and then restart.
> Will this cvs version of binutils/ld support AIX433 shared libraries, and if so, what magic words do I need to add to ./configure (or ???) to make it happen?
This version does appear to work for shared libraries (at least,
no-one has reported any problems), but libtool believes it doesn't.
You probably want to contact the libtool maintainers.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>