This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: arm-elf-objcopy create a 200MB binary from a 200K elf image!!
- To: Cliff Tsai <clifftsai at minecard dot com dot tw>
- Subject: Re: arm-elf-objcopy create a 200MB binary from a 200K elf image!!
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:30:34 +0000
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cliff Tsai wrote:
> I'm trying to converter a elf image to binary format
> $arm-elf-objcopy -I elf-littlearm -O binary testarm.elf testarm.bin
> But testarm.bin is almost 200M,but my testarm.elf only has 200K.
Probably because code or data sections are being loaded at addresses 200Mb
apart. Run "arm-elf-objdump -h testarm.elf" and look at the load addresses
of each section. For what you intend, they should all be close together.
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine