This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Writing addend into instructions
- To: tege at swox dot com
- Subject: Re: Writing addend into instructions
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:19:57 -0800
- CC: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
> From: Torbjorn Granlund <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: 13 Mar 2001 21:53:26 +0100
> We've rewritten md_apply_fix3 of tc-ppc.c, and the new version only
> patches relocation addresses when a fixup is fully resolved, never
> when a relocation with a separate addend is generated.
> Does anybody see any problems with such a change?
This is OK for everything but R_PPC_REL32 relocs, for which there's
some backward-compatibility requirements.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>