This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] forwarded exports for dlltool
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: [patch] forwarded exports for dlltool
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:57:17 -0500
- Cc: Eric Kohl <ekohl at rz-online dot de>
- References: <email@example.com> <20010227160454.A20501@redhat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010228215745.A9909@redhat.com>
On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:57:45PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:47:30AM +0100, Eric Kohl wrote:
>>Christopher Faylor <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> I tried applying this to the CVS version of binutils. There was one
>>> patch reject, which was pretty easy to fix. The resulting executable
>>> parsed the def file without error but the stub library does not seem to
>>> include the string NTDLL in it anywhere and an attempt to run a program
>>> linked with the library gives the standard Windows error about a missing
>>> procedure entry point.
>>My patch does *not* affect an import library (stub library). It modifies the
>>export table of a dll. So you have to create an export file to see the
>>changes. For example, run:
>Ah. I see. I'll check this in, then. I've gotten DJ's permission to
Ok, *now* I've checked this in. It looks like your copyright assignment
has been accepted by the FSF.
Thanks for your contribution.