Re: IPA changes to ld

Nick Clifton wrote:
>   Thanks very much for submitting this patch.  I would be amenable to
>   accepting it, if you are prepared to make some changes:

Thanks for the response.  Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you
but I kept thinking that we were within a day of submitting a revised
patch (yeah, I know, I should have known better).  The things you
mention
look easy to change (in fact, some I noticed the first time, but figured
I'd get a reaction on the overall idea first).

Yes, SGI is willing to maintain this code.

I think the main thing that we're working on right now is configure
and make stuff.  I think the idea is to add a --enable-ipa option
or something.  Bit of a learning curve as I don't think any of us
have done a lot with automake (and I might be the main one who knows
much about autoconf and the gnu makefile standards and such).