Re: Minor Patch: gas/ChangeLog-9899 typo (for scripting)

On Mar 8,  7:33pm, RDBrown@mira.net wrote:

> Fix a ChangeLog entry typo to allow easier scripting over ChangeLogs
> (ie Kevin Buettner's fixdates).

If you do use ``fixdates'' for binutils, you'll want to change the
%exclude_files initialization to exclude some appropriate set of
files for binutils.

Also, we (Michael Chastain and I) spent a lot of time
proofreading the results.  Files which weren't fixed properly
(for one reason or another) were added to the exclude files
list.

> From the discussion on the gdb lists ChangeLog patches are
> contentious....

I don't find your fix at all objectionable, but there are those who
might.  You should know that for ``fixdates'' purposes, your patch
isn't really necessary since config/tc-hppa.c is mentioned several
other times in this file.  Scripts for other purposes may well have
problems though.