Re: Reloc BUG in as

> Perhaps.  I'm going to be pedantic, though, and point out that the
> original e-mail had two test cases.  One worked.  The other didn't.
> In your first e-mail, you were discussing the test case which worked,
> not the one which failed.  Did you try both test cases?

I haven't looked at the problem very closely. The problem seems to be
how expressions like a - b are evaluated. When a and b are known
when a - b is evaluated, it is not a problem. But for

--1.s-
call a-b
------

--2.s-
call a-b
a:
------

--3.s-
call a-b
b:
------

--a.s-
call a-b
a:
b:
------

a and b are unknown at the end. My question is if a and b have to
be defined locally for experessions like a - b. If not, I am kind of
curious how they can be used.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)