This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Reloc BUG in as
- To: "Mark E." <snowball3 at bigfoot dot com>
- Subject: Re: Reloc BUG in as
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at zembu dot com>
- Date: 05 Mar 2001 15:45:54 -0800
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3AA3D41F.10868.79B166@localhost>
"Mark E." <email@example.com> writes:
> > Your coff-i386 result might well be correct, depending upon how the
> > linker handles the reloc. After the final link you should see a call
> > to the absolute address 0. If you see anything else, then something
> > went wrong somewhere.
> I changed the example to put the call into section "foo" so I could easily
> find it. Here's the result:
> Disassembly of section foo:
> 0000ce00 <a>:
> ce00: e8 fb 31 ff ff call 0 <start-0x10d0>
> ce05: 00 00 add %al,(%eax)
> Looks good to me. Perhaps the solution isn't in generic code then?
Perhaps. I'm going to be pedantic, though, and point out that the
original e-mail had two test cases. One worked. The other didn't.
In your first e-mail, you were discussing the test case which worked,
not the one which failed. Did you try both test cases?