Re: [new patch] Re: Reloc BUG in as

Mikulas Patocka <mikulas@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:

|> I created this patch - it handles that situation correctly. I don't see a
|> reason why pcrel should be discarded when you process difference of 2
|> symbols in the same segment. Maybe it breaks something else - the person
|> who wrote this part of code should check the patch.

Not clearing pcrel will cause the section offset to be subtracted from the
addend later.  Does the assembler still handle this correctly if the
instruction does not occur at address zero?  AFAIR there were some bugs on
m68k before this was added.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
SuSE Labs                                        completely different."