Re: PATCH: Warning for unknown PE section flags.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 02:28:18PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > 2001-02-21  H.J. Lu  <hjl@gnu.org>
> >
> > 	* coffcode.h (styp_to_sec_flags): Issue a warning for section
> > 	flags we don't know what to do instead of abort.
>
> But now bogus objects are silently accepted (well, ld won't issue an
> error exit) rather than being rejected.  Is this the right thing to do
> for each of those flags?

I don't know what the best approach is. But I won't call those objects
bogus just because binutils doesn't know what to do. Certainly objdump
and string shouldn't abort on them. Maybe I should check if it is an
image file. If it is an image file, just issue an warning. Otherwise,
warning and abort. Should ld for PE take an image file as input?

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@valinux.com)