problem with nlmconv

Hi all,
here are my problems:
I'm trying to compile a NLM with Mingw32 (netware loadable module), but have some problems: nlmconv from binutils only recognizes ELF objects. With the latest binutils (which are compiled to support ELF) I'm now able to convert from the PE to the ELF format with objcopy, but then I had problems because the symbols have a leading underscore. So I used:
objcopy -O elf32-i386 --remove-leading-char $(TARGET).o
and this seems to work, but still one symbol (__main) isnt found...

if I compile the *.o on Linux and then link them on Win32, nlmconv works without errors.

The other way could be to compile nlmconv so that it recognizes PE format if this is possible (I assume yes), but I'm not familiar with building cross compilers; and the version I have was compiled by a Mingw32 developer who did it for me...

thanks in advance, Guenter.