ld problems creating shared libraries

Hello,

I'm trying to use ld (GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 2.9.5.0.22)) to create
a shared library by using the -shared command line option. This on its own
seems to work fine but then I want to resolve symbols within the library
against the library and not against symbols in the main program. To do this
I add the -Bsymbolic flag. At this point I get a whole load of unresolved
symbols which I'm not expecting; I would expect all these symbols to be
resolved at load time.

This technique seems to work fine on other platforms, SUN etc, but fails
here ?

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Martin