.equ sequence

Hi,

thanks for the patch to the zero size stuff... well for me currently my
""patch"" is simply not to input an errorneous file :o)
Well at least maybe it was a small help improving gnu stuff...

Okay other question can I somehow change the assembler to recoqnize .equ
pseudo-ops in another sequence?
gnu-as recognizes following:
-----------
.equ SP  0
However in my source I've every following syntax:
SP .equ 0

Well I managed already to configure as to recognize my ';' comments, and
luckly also found out how to get rid of the '%' prefixes of the registers.

Only thing left is that .equ stuff....

Any possibility?