Patch: updates for ARC

Please find attached updates for the ARC port. The major changes include
options and directives to select core variants, new instructions for all
versions, plus directives in the assembler to add extension instructions,
registers etc.. - a major feature of the core. Early documentation is also
added.

The patches have been broken down into the following parts: gas-testsuite/,
gas/, bfd/, opcodes/ ,include/ ,binutils/ in the tar file. Each directory
contains the ChangeLog's and patches.

Where the patches are quite large/different I've included a patch file as well
as a tar of the files in isolation.

Some of the changes may need to be altered - in particular the changes in
/gas/gas-patch (as.h, as.c, struc-symbol.h) are my immediate concern because
they are non-ARC specific and were made to the source I inherited - and I
needed to keep these in place to make the source build. The ChangeLog's should
hopefully be formatted ok?

NB: the attached changes were made after an update+diff of binutils from CVS
on 4-Dec-00.

(See attached file: arc.tar.gz)

Table of attached tar file:

./gas-testsuite/