Re: Where to send larger patches?

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Guido Flohr wrote:

> I have a relatively large set of patches (about 80 kB uncompressed) that
> adds a new target platform to the binutils. What is the right address to
> send them in?

This list.

> I'm not sure whether that would be too much traffic for this
> list.

It may be a good idea to break the patches into one set containing new
files, and another for existing files.  If the patches to existing
files are large, consider a further breakdown into sets for each of
binutils/, bfd/, gas/, ld/ and so on.

> The patch only affects primary files: Makefile.am and not Makefile.in,
> acinclude.m4 and not aclocal.m4, .... Is this ok

Yes.  Mention "Regenerated" in your change logs for the generated files,
to prod a maintainer into running the tools for you.

You will also need to have a copyright assignment/disclaimer on file with
the FSF.

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.