Re: [patch] vtable garbage-collection correction to selective6

   Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:48:28 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com>

   On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Nick Clifton wrote:
   > Hi Hans-Peter,
   >
   >   What is the current status of this patch ?
   >
   >   Are you still awaiting approval ?

   Yes.  If the solution is generally acceptable as Alan has hinted, then
   I'll fix libiberty/hashtab.c.  Then commit or re-post.

   By the way, this machinery needs more changes to be usable for GCC 3.0;
   for example a vtable can now inherit from multiple other tables (at
   offsets).  But that's for later.

Mainly as a reminder, I think the vtable garbage collection stuff
would be better implemented by storing information in special
sections, rather than by using relocation records.  If the mechanism
needs significant changes for gcc 3, then perhaps that would be a good
time to make this significant change as well.

Ian